Existing Member?

Summer 2009

Bangkok

THAILAND | Thursday, 2 July 2009 | Views [419] | Comments [3]

After a stressful final day in Dubai, I finally arrived in Bangkok. Driving here is mental, even more so than Dubai if that is possible!

01/07/09

I arived at my accommodation around 1030am. It is small but very nice, tucked away in a wee lane. I spent most of the day wandering about Khao San Road and had a couple of cheap beers while I watched the world go by.

02/0709

Booked a trip for today -7am pickup. Saw loads of interesting stuff. Started off by driving out of Bangkok to the World War II Kanchanaburi War Cemetry. The prisoners of war who died contructing The Bridge over the River Kwai. We then went onto athe Jeath (Japan,England, Australia, Thailand, Holland) Musuem involving the history of Thailand and the construction of the bridge. We then went for a stroll over the bridge itself. Apparently that isn't the original name of the river. They had to change it to that name after the film for the sake of the tourists.

After that we went on the Thailand- Burma 'Death Railway'.Got some amazing pictures. This was a unique experience. Lunch on a riverboat followed by a sail down the river and then a transfer onto a bamboo raft - very relaxing. Not for long as we then had to cross the most rickety bridge I've ever seen. No warning, high up, big gaps, swinging, pouring and wearing flip flops that I could barely keep on my feet. I was terrified.

After calming down at the other side we headed to see elephants and go for a little trek - more heights. Finally we went to a waterfall at which point my camera ceased working (fixed now). I am now sitting in my hotel wondering where to eat? The choices!!

 

Comments

1

lol feel sorry for ya with the humidity! good luck! if you make it to ko phi phi or koh tao get some good pics! jealous already!, and mind haggle them all the time! they say 500 you say 250! dont put up with their pish x

  scotty Jul 3, 2009 3:01 AM

2

Hey honey.....sounds like fun already. So jealous!!!! Enjoy xx

  Lynne Jul 5, 2009 5:31 AM

3

Remamber, your on holiay. Try to relax some of the time. You don't have to see the world in a day. Enjoy yourself.

  Toby Jul 5, 2009 6:53 AM

About claroby1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.