Existing Member?

Footsteps

Itinerary

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 11 April 2006 | Views [497]

8th of May 2006. I leave Melbourne at 8am (Yippee! A 4am morning rise- Fantastic! I have friends and family fighting over who will take me to the airport at this ungodly hour of course!).

I arrive in Santiago de Chile on the 8th of May at midday where I will stay for a day before taking my next flight.

9th of May 2006. I leave Santiago on a 3pm flight to Quito which is where the adventure begins!

Now... This is as far as I have planned in concrete- Gulp! I don't want to make plans because I want maximum flexibility with no expectations- That way disappointment is kept at low.

So! The next 5 months I will be making my way overland through Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. A bad bad Colombian seed was planted in my mind by my dear friend Pablo so at the moment this is also a likely possibility (which the loved ones are really not that thrilled about- I stand by my shaky notion that they have perhaps been a little misinformed!)

21st of October 2006. My flight leaves Buenos Aires for Paris. This is purely a family visit to spend time with my much missed aunties, uncles and cousins. I will be in Paris for about half of this time. I also have plans to spend a couple of weeks with my uncle in Dijon and most likely a week with my uncle in Normandie.

21st of November 2006. I leave Paris and my family behind (sadly for another few years) to go to Delhi, India, where I shall be meeting my dearest friend and partner in crime,Gwendoline. We plan to travel in India together for almost 3 months through the north and south of the country, ending our adventure in Mumbai.

16th of February 2006. We fly from Mumbai back to Melbourne... And that is the end, there isn't anymore (as we were so famously told as children in The adventures of Madeline)

Back to uni again... Uh Oh! My poor neglected cello will become my reality again and although I am trying to put it to the back of my mind at present- OH DEAR LORD!!! The hours which I will need to practice to sound half way permissible will be horrendous! Hopefully whilst locked away in a dark, shoebox-sized room practicing my heart out, I will stop and think to myself "it was all worth it!".

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.