Existing Member?

Where's the bear? South India, Sri-Lanka, Thailand, Veitnam, Cambodia, Laos, Austraila....

Arombol ...North Goa..

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 10 March 2008 | Views [1204] | Comments [2]

The 12 hour train Journey wasn't at all bad...we had two little beds and the scenery was just beautiful...I spent the entire time gazing and gasping out of the window...I even stood by the open door and nearly got blown away as the train choo chooed along which was scary but fun.

We arrived in Arombol at about 6pm and met two travellers who shared a taxi with us and we then headed straight for the beach and just stood there, very happy to see some sand and sea after the maddness of Mumbai. A nice man took us to some small bamboo huts just behind the beach called "Galaxy Inns" which is behind a farm so every morning we get woken up AT DAWN by the cockadoodledoo of the cock and the pigs fight alot. The inns are run by the nicest man ever, he's called Carlos and has a heart of pure gold. There are so many westerners here and hardly any Indian people, we lie on the beach tryig to relax but every 5 minutes a lady will come up to you selling anklets or sarongs or cds or something but they are very sweet when you get chatting to them but they always say things like "don't break my small heart..." or "I have such a terrible life.." and the amount of times we've been told "you are soooo pale" even though we thought we were getting a bit of a tan, but obviously not. Yesterday we went for a walk and found another beach with a beautiful lake which we swam in but I thought I found a dead person in the water and got a bit scared so I left quickly and Jessie carried on the swimming! Today we had breakfast in a little shack on the beach called "Dreamcatcher" we had lots to do today but somehow ended up staying there for 6 hours just being filled up with beer and there were loads of hippies who were talking to us and then one of them started playing lots of music so we danced and danced and it was a very nice day. Goa doesn't really feel like India at all...it seems to be the place where all the old time hippies retire to, never to be found again, it's mega chilled out here and we like it alot. I'm getting used to the whole washing in a bucket thing...it's actually quite fun. Had my first cup of English tea this morning...it was BEAUTIFUL. Moving on tomorrow...not sure where to yet but we shall see where the wind blows us.

Hope all is well in London and not too cold...very VERY hot here :) xxxxxxxxx

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Hey Sis, just written you an e-mail on your facebook so check that out!!
When we going to get to see some pictures?

missing you loads.x.x.x

  Victoria Mar 10, 2008 7:20 AM

2

I feel your explosion.

It fills me with joy.

With you every step of the way

x
x
x
x
x
x

x
x

  Heenryyyyyyyyyy Mar 13, 2008 1:51 AM

About claire-winder


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.