Existing Member?

WWOOF

Happenings

USA | Saturday, 24 December 2011 | Views [405]

So much has happened recently. Last week,Henry, my neighbor, got drunk and loud and abusive to his wife, so he was asked to pack up and leave. And then yesterday 12/22, Phil quit because he could not take anymore of Bebo's B.S.. Bebo loaned us out to a neighbor to help lay asphalt without asking us, and it was the last straw for Phil. He called his son who got him a plane ticket out to Oregon today, he packed up his backpack and left. He left me (not quite) half of our cherry picking money, his peanuts, bug spray,and his address. Well, there goes a good friend and all the plans we had: camping, kayaking, renting a car and playing tourist. So here I am, the only farm worker. *sigh* A new couple - WOOFers, are supposed to come Christmas day. I have no idea what their stay will be like. They are supposed to run a fruit stand. The only thing we have to sell is avacados and papayas. We made some raised garden beds to grow vegies in, but nothing has been planting yet. I heard he is not feeding them, they have to forage from the farm and they will earn half of what they sell. Sad for them if this is true. Bebo had an electric bill of $600 so we are on austerity measures. He changes out all the light bulbs, lights off at 10 p.m., no outside lights on,and he is honestly going to try NO COOKING! What a nut! Despite the drama, I am doing all right. As long as I get to keep my little shed room and get some semblence of three meals, I will be OK. I am suntan, healthy, have lost some weight and am doing just fine. I am the observer of the dramas. I am too relaxed to care. I show up at 8 and get my duties for the day. I think the toughest job was yesterday. I helped to spread 25 yards of asphalt with a rake. Holy Moly! Maybe I can get a job as general labor when I return to Flag! We were supposed to go to the beach tomorrow - Christmas Eve and Bebo's birthday. Now he says no, we are working. Who knows, we may go after all - you never know with Bebo. The cherry picking season is over, so I now have time for my healing work. You may find this humorous, but it is my experience. I have really taken to a mango tree that sits up on a hill (well, everything is on a hill). I have been going to sit under her branches (and plan to hang my hammock from her) and contemplating my life. Yesterday I asked her what her name is - I heard the name Beverly! She is teaching me alot and is very compassionate. When I went to say goodbye to her today, I put my hands on her trunk and immediately I was weeping. Wow! Shocking! I also hav a beautiful bright green gecko in my room. I asked its name and IO heard Geraldine! Hilarious. She said call my name and I will come out, because I as talking out loud and wondering if she was still here. Well, so the spiritual adventures begin. It has been wierd working with all men. men are different. One of the messages I have gotten is to balance male/female energy. So I have been contemplating what male energy is, what it means to be male. I was sharing this with Phil before he left. He had no clue what I was talking about. maybe that is why he left. He also wanted an intimate relationship and I said no. I had thought of some observations to share, but as usual, I have forgotten them. I meet interesting people, birds, trees, lizards, and HEY! The mosquito bites no longer itch like they did! A friend sent me some benadryl lotion for the ones that do bother me. And I found out that sea water takes away the itch too! I got a ride from Bebo into Captain Cook yhesterday - I had to mail my glasses to JCPenney to get them fixed, and as I was walking back to the farm, I was thinking about trying to hitchhike. Not even the threat of rain couldget me to stick my thumb out! mele kalikimaka and lots of aloha!!

About clafave8


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.