Existing Member?

Wanderlust

It's More Fun In The Philippines

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 4 May 2015 | Views [543] | Scholarship Entry

Travelling is my drug, and I can't stop it nor do I want to be stopped. It is in my genes. It is who I am. It is what makes me youthful and happy.

Googling Philippines will give you results like; located in South-east asia, a democratic country, an archipelago of more or less 7,107 islands (depends whether it's low tide or high tide), and something like "It's more fun in the Philippines". The first 3 descriptions will probably make sense since it's a fact, but the last one which was a quote might spark questions of what it means and how true is it. This is why I'm writing this, not just to shed some light unto the quote but also to share to the world the Philippines.

By nationality, I am a Filipino. I have travelled to Singapore, Hongkong, and Canada (currently living here). Despite the cleanliness of Singapore, the vibrancy of Hongkong, and the Winter-weather of Canada, none of which can ever surcompass the culture of the Philippines. You may think that I am biased since the Filipino blood circulates within me, but NO, it's more than just my nationality and my patriotism... It's all about what's within the Philippines- the people, the tradition, the festivities, and the beaches.

I remembered what I told my dad when I was still a little boy, "I want to travel the world"! Such a childish thing to say, yet it packs a whole lot of hope and joy. I always envisioned myself to be in an airplane, or in a boat, or perhaps in a train of a different country. But then I realized how much I'm missing out on all the beauty my own country has to offer.
Unlike any other country, Philippines has the most number of festivals. Name it and it has it, from A to Z. This is influenced by the country's religion which is mostly Roman Catholic. And aside from the numerous festivities, it also caters the needs and wants of every human, and that is the lust for food and adventure! Philippines offers a wide variety of foods, the most popular of them all is the "lechon" which is a pig that's roasted to perfection. Another crowd favorite is the dried mangoes which is sweet and tangy, gives that fruity-burst your mouth needs. If you're on a strict diet, or perhaps not on a mood to eat but rather craves for thrills, Philippines got you covered. You can go on an island hopping, swim with the whale-sharks, hike on a mountain, jump on a waterfall, get a tan on the beach and even just stroll the streets.
Trust me, when it comes to travelling, it's more fun in the Philippines!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About cjulesroel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.