Existing Member?

One Way Ticket

Finding Our Cold Feet

GERMANY | Tuesday, 12 March 2013 | Views [371]

Ok, so this has been deleted twice now so its probably a sign that its been shit! Imma do it different this time.

 

First night....

Collapse after the cab ride to the apartment where we waited to be let in. The internet lied! our first thought when we walk into our tiny home. That is after unlocking three doors to get there, with one door have two locks on it! Holy crap this will be hard to do after climbing four flights of stairs after a night out.

 

Second day....

Woke up ridiculously early, a chance to speak with people from home whom I'm missing dearly. First chance to shop. WOW ALCOHOL IS SO CHEAP. Chill out then head out to get the lay of the land. Find a lovely park with a beautiful view. Try to take a panorma, unsuccessful. Try again, Alex pulls a stupid face. Find some goats in the park! Why are they there?? Find aldi MORE SHOPPING. Head home and get ready to explore the nightlife scene. Wander in the cold to the main strip. It reminds me of Brunswick st. Except cooler coz this is Berlin bitches. Find a cute bar. Impromptu performance by a street band - consisting of a mandolin, double bass and guitar. Try to order beer, instead get a "Berlin Winter" which is hot apple juice with vodka and herbs. Actually quite delicious! But too sweet for Alex and too sweet for me to have more than one of. BEER. Find the train home not too late, still pretty jet lagged.

 

Kreuzberg Saturday...

First time heading into the big city! Get on wrong train - who needs maps? Not us! Get there eventually, trains are fast and super efficient. They come once every six minutes THUMBS UP. Wander around in the icy cold air, being tourists ya'll! We see the holocaust memorial and the Brandenberg Tor. We are amongst many tourists. Starts to get really cold so head home to warm up and eat. Naturally after purchasing some cheap gloves and a giant map woo! Get home and mark where we are on the map :) Starts to snow! And we thought we were cold before! So beautiful - time for a walk. Get ready to go out and its snowing super heavily! Well for my standards. I've never really seen it snow to be perfectly honest. I also don't know if people go out if it's snowing - is it ever too cold to party? Ans. Noooo neeeevvveeeeerrrr. We head out to a Greasers rock party. Like the uncool tourists we are, we arrive unfashionably early. We pop into a bar next door to the club to have a drink and try and be a bit cool. Head in and so begins the hair debarcle. Having a nice time, have some beer get a free trolley token?? (figure out later you take them back with your empty and get some money back - woo! We didnt think we needed too many trolley tokens!). There's a guy doing people's hair in a part of the club. After watching the band a bit of a dance and a few beers we decide I NEED my hair done. Thinking that its free. I sit down in the chair and he starts brushing my hair which hasnt been brushed since before I left home :/ then he says so its 20 euro for something simple and 60 euro for something complicated. Shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiittttttt. I wouldve run but there were people all looking! He'd already brushed my hair. Panic. Alex do you have 20 euro?? My hair is already being divided into 3 parts. Alex frantically starts searching for a place to get money out. I skoll my beer and make awkward small talk. Eventually crisis averted and Alex returns with 20 euro. We smile politely and back away slowly. Time to leave. Budget for the night blown hahaha. But at least my hair looks nice. I have a pony tail and two swirls on either side of my head. I will be wearing this hair style for a while... Make a friend on the way home who invited us out with her, sad face we dont have enough money on us to go. Hahah. Home by 2am thats no Berlin night out! But I do have nice hair. Sleep like a princess all night so as not to ruin it. 

About cjjane


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.