Existing Member?

Catherine does Nam/ Cambodia 08

Day 1 - Bangkok

THAILAND | Saturday, 13 December 2008 | Views [276]

I finally got to bangkok after what seems a very long and tiring trip!!


It all started with my taxi picking me up at 6am after a night of little sleep and last minute packing!  Once at G/w south(what  a lovely place it is incidently!) I quickly picked up some last minute buys then jumped on the plane  for a nice 7 hr flight to MUscat (this was after being searched at security - do i look dodgy?!).

The first leg of my flight was  painful to say the least.  OMan air is rubbish, and by the end of it i was ready to jump off the walls.  I would have slept had it not been the lack of space and overall rubbish comfort :(

Next was my 3 hour wait  at  Muscat, which was  ok - met up with a nice Irish couple which helped kill  the time a bit, and thankfully the next 5hour leg of the flight was heaps better.  I had 2 seats, so curled up and got a couple of hours shut eye, and worked my way through a few episodes of Spooks!

After all that, arrived at BK 10am their time (3am our time), and got a bit of a nasty culture shock from all the  hussle and  bussle of this mad city.  It makes London look positively chilled!  Also did I mention it's 32 degrees too?? Hhehe

It's now 6pm  and i've managed to keep awake (just) all day despite missing a whole nights kip.   ive had a pretty chiled one though so it's been nice.

I'm gonna keep this update short and sweet as i'm using a realy old pc and it's mega slow and has crashed twice already :( Plus the keys are way too confusing!! 

Tomorrpw I fly to Ho Chi M mid afternoon and chill out there for a few days before heading up to Dalat. I've been speaking  to a few travellers here and Cam bodia is amazing apparently so gonna spend more time there  than Nam.  Will play by ear though.

Hope all is good with you all in sunny UK. Im off to bed

  Missing you xxxx

About cjdabinett


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.