Existing Member?

Jeff and Chels' Travel Adventures

Arrived!

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 18 January 2008 | Views [516] | Comments [4]

Hi All,

So we arrived safe and sound 14.5 hours later. Flight was fairly easy, slight delay but we still arrived on time. Weather has been crummy...still fairly warm but cloudy and RAINY believe it or not. Also very windy! Hostel is nice and the people are friendly. Met some nice ppl in our room but of course they are leaving today. Guess we'll be getting used to ppl coming and going as the trip goes on though.  Not much to report yet, just wanted to let you all know that we arrived safe and sound. Also, eating hasnt proved any difficulty yet..there is even a pizza shop down the road with GLUTEN FREE PIZZA- guess where we're having dinner tonight!! Meeting up with Dan from Wollongong tomorrow night; he's meeting us at the hostel at 6 and taking us to Sydney Festival..should be fun. We'll talk soon, love to all!
~chels~ & jeff

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Glad to hear that you two made it. Don't forget to bring me home a koala!

  Trev Jan 19, 2008 2:38 AM

2

Glad to hear you had a smooth flight and no hassle to the hostel. Hope you enjoyed the Festival, just across from the festival, you might have noticed Star City, a great area to roam and look. Wonder around the Rocks area.
I checked the forecast and for Sydney it says, RAIN SHOWERS for ever, check out some roll-up into a pouch rain jackets like moms and mine. Have fun, use transit.
DD

  M & D Jan 19, 2008 10:30 AM

3

It's great to hear from you - thanks for the update. And it may be raining there, but it's still warmer than here! Having your own personal tour guide will help you to discover the "real" Aus - those journals will fill up before you know it. Keep on having fun; you're loved and missed.
xo

  A Ann Jan 19, 2008 6:36 PM

4

Hey you 2, So glad to hear you're settled. the festival sounds like great fun-nothing like a party to get things started. It's snowing here so I'm not feeling to bad about it raining a little there (but I am praying for sun for you).Keep laughing...love & hugs...mom & dad

  mom & dad r. Jan 20, 2008 10:07 AM

About cjaus


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.