Existing Member?

The Complete Travel Journals Travelling for the easily frightened

Nepal itinerary

NEPAL | Tuesday, 28 September 2010 | Views [1043]

Day 1: Meet at Kathmandu Airport: We will meet you at the Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you to your hotel. Visit our office, discuss for the programme and all tour arrangement. If your time permits you can go for tour of Kathmandu valley including Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage site) and the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. You will also visit Swyambhunath, also known as the Monkey Temple, a 2000 year old temple.

Day 2: Fly to Pokhara:After breakfast we will drive you to the Domestic Airport to take a 25-minute flight to Pokhara. In the evening you can go for a boating trip on Phewa Lake, where you can enjoy the spectacular views of Annapurna Himalayan Range reflected in all its glory in the calm green waters of the lake and visit the temple which is only accessible by boat.

Day 3:  Morning Paragliding and trek to Tikhedhunga (1540m):
After having breakfast in Pokhara you will do the Paragliding. After paragliding, you start your journey for Annapurna Poonhill Trekking. Drive by car to Nayapul via the large village of Lumle. It will be about 1 hour 30 minutes drive. You will start your walk from Nayapul with crossing a large and prosperous town Birethanti. Today the trekking trails follows the bamboo forests and past waterfalls with plunge pools which invite you to swim. You can have a lunch at small village Sudame. After lunch the trail climb steadily up to the Hile, after a short working you will arrive Tikhedhunga, overnight at guest house.

Day 4: Tikhe Dhunga trek to Ghorepani (2775m):From Tikhedhunga the trail ascend to Ulleri village through a stone staircase. Ulleri is a large Magar villages situate at 2070m. From Ulleri the trail gently climb through pasture and cultivated fields as you climb up you walk up besides the cascading river through refreshingly cool oak and rhododendron forest. We have a lunch at Nangethanti. The trail again ascent to Ghorepani today final destination, The place provides a majestic views of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Tukuche Peak Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna South, Annapurna I (8091m), Hiunchuli (6441m) and Tarke Kang (7193m) and other mountains.

Day 5: Ghorepani trek to Poonhill (3193m) and trek to Tadapani (2540m):
Early morning trek up to Poonhil, One of the best Himalayan view points in Nepal poonhill provides an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas . From poonhill one can enjoy spectacular view of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Tukuche Peak Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna South, Annapurna I (8091m), Hiunchuli (6441m) and Tarke Kang (7193m), Gangapurna (7454m), Lamjung Himal (6986m), Mt Fishtail ( Macchapuchre 6997m), Tent Peak and many more High Himalayas, trek down to Ghorepani after breakfast start trekking to Tadapani, A short early morning climb to the Deurali pass for a spectacular panorama over Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna, Trail descends steeply through dense moss-covered forest rich with bird life to Tadapani which provides you a close up sunset view.

Day 6: Tadapani trek to Ghandruk (1940m):Today trekking trails steeply goes through forests where you can encounter with monkeys and different birds. Ghandruk is the second largest Gurung village in Nepal and explores the maze like streets of this thriving Gurung settlement you can have a good mountain view of Annapurna south and Fishtail. Over night in guest house.

Day 7: Ghandruk Trek to Birethanti (1065m) drives to Pokhara:Today the trail gradually decline down to the valley. Today the train passes through small hamlets, terraced rice fields and subtropical forests with giving the glimpse of like in the mountains. At the last part we will mostly follow the Modi khola valley with an easy and pleasant walk along the river bank to Birethanti, continues work to Nayapul and catch a private vehicle to get to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel

Day 8: Pokahra to Kathmandu:Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus or you can take 25 minutes flight to Kathamndu.

Day 9: Depart Kathmandu:Final Departure. we will take you to the Kathmandu Airport to catch your flight home. We will wish you a happy journey in the traditional and cultural way of Nepal and hope to see you again!

Tags: annapurna, nepal, trekking

About cisoux


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.