Existing Member?

Hawaii

Waikiki - Week 1

USA | Saturday, 16 November 2013 | Views [255]

After a long flight, next time we will pay the extra and fly direct, we made it to Hawaii and booked into our apartment.

The apartment is nice and comfy, pay TV, free wifi, little kitchen and a view between buildings onto Waikiki beach. We are only a 5 minute walk from the beach (2 minutes if we didnt have to stop and smell the flowers for Kieran or jump every crack in the sidewalk for Tai!!).

Tai and Kieran have already taken to boogie boarding like pro's. Took them 1 afternoon to be confident in the waves and now we cant stop them going in and riding the shore breaks back to the beach. They love it.

Also taken a cataraman out into the bay and we all sat in the netting between the hulls. Got very wet but the sun was shining, the boys were having a great time so it was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. Watched the sunset over the beach and went home for showers and out for dinner, which is pretty much our daily habit so far!!

Found some great places to eat, lived it large on the meals but realised soon if we kept eating like that, Hawaii Airlines would charge us extra baggage for the extra tyres around my waist for our trip to Maui!!

Spent a day at Hanauma Bay snorkeling looking for fish. Saw a few large fish as visibility wasnt that great, but did see a lot of Japanese tourists legs treading on the coral!! Also spent a day out at Pearl Harbour, the large shopping centre, Honolulu Zoo and Aquarium and hiked up Diamond Head for the views. Proud to say the boys walked most of the way up, but we did have to carry them on the shoulders on the way down!

Today has been again a beach morning, the boys are having their afternoon slepp (the surfing wears them out massively) and this afternoon will do some stand up paddle boarding. I could get used to this life!!

 

 

 

About cintra_ahearn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.