Existing Member?

A journey around Incredible India

Meeting myself in India

INDIA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [114] | Scholarship Entry

My life will never be the same after the time I spent in India. Visiting India is a crazy, fabulous, incredible and life-changing experience.
I had a completely different image of India in my mind before going there, but I’m glad that I could leave the stereotypes of my mind behind and go to see that country with my own eyes. When I arrived there, I got positively surprised by the shock to my senses. Everything there is so alive. The colors, the smells, the tastes, the sounds, the faith… India really makes you feel that your heart is beating, that your blood is running in your veins, the same way that people, the rickshaws, cars and cows are constantly running in its endless streets.
I had the opportunity of visiting a big part of the country, from the amazing beaches of the south to the flawless mountains of the north. Each state, each city, each place has its own charm. And each one changes us in a different aspect. Great temples, palaces and monuments make us feel like we’re living in a fairytale, full of nice views, huge and colorful gardens, lots of marble and precious stones. But my favorite places were the ones that are not in the tourism books and guides. Spice markets, crowded streets, villages, small and hidden shops… those are the places that makes you feel the reality of India. A reality that is not easy, not fabulous like the palaces, but it’s still beautiful, in its own way. A reality that is hidden inside each Indian who I could talk to, inside their smiles, their hugs and their hospitality. A reality that we cannot find in guides or books of any kind: we have to go and see, live, experience.
I’ve learned so many things during my Indian journey. I’ve visited the most beautiful places I’ve seen in my life. I’ve watched the most incredible sunsets in the world. I’ve met so many nice and kind people. From India I keep the colors, the tastes, the smells, the songs, the friends I’ve made. From India I keep all the beautiful stories I heard, the lives of rickshaw drivers, spice sellers, women of villages, and so many others that are as amazing as Taj Mahal’s love story. I keep inside me every second of that journey. Each little thing that I’ve lived is part of the completely new person that I became after my time in that country. We can leave India, but India will keep pulsing inside us forever.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About cibelleinindia


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.