Existing Member?

Ciaran and Ruth's Worldwide Adventures

Great Barrier Reef

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 23 July 2007 | Views [491] | Comments [1]

The Low Isles are so named because when Captain Cook first saw them, the lowness of them struck him. He is also responsible for naming the Wooded Isle which is, eh, wooded. Great explorer. No wordsmith though.

Anyhow, these Low Isles are just a few sandy features, one of which, a little oasis of paradise in stormy seas (shown above) was our home for the day. Plodding around in a glass bottomed boat and taking to a wee bit of snorkeling, we witnessed some of the amazing treasures that the Great Barrier Reef has to offer the tourist. Truly beautiful.

Journying out and back on a sail boat through the choppiest of waters, we were grateful for the complemintary (really, how can they call something complimentary when you're forking out for the trip as a whole) sea sick (prevention) tablets. One young lady elected not to take these and spent the outbound trip filling a paper bag. That was actually funnier than you'd think.

Off for dinner in a moment, up early in the morning to visit Cape Tribulation, the only location on this small planet where two World Heritage Sites meet - the Great Barrier Reef and Queensland's Rainforests. Wahoo.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

hey guys, great to hear about your travels. fair play to ye giving an update so often. and your pics are brill! no doubt ye r having a fab time and of course ye will be pleased to know we are being washed out of it here :(
take care. lots of love, Agnes

ps - no fair Ruth, you still manage to be photogenic while travelling!!

  Agnes Jul 24, 2007 2:05 AM

About ciaranandruth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.