Existing Member?

Christoph's Travelblog

All packed and ready to go!

MOZAMBIQUE | Tuesday, 31 August 2010 | Views [384] | Comments [2]

The trip to Ponta do Ouru was amazing. My parents are now officially Open Water I Scuba divers, which is really cool (I am very proud of them!!) :-)
The dives at Ponta do Ouru were some of the best I ever had. The reason for this is that I had less trouble with the diving technique (such as my buoyancy) and therefore was able to fully absorb the underwater world around me. I even interacted with a 2 meter long potato-bass, which let me stroke its fin..what an incredible experience!

Today I packed. In the beginning I was very sceptical that all the things would fit into my relatively small backpack, but after several hours of work, alot of downsizing, many litres of coffee and encouraging words of my mom, I made it..:-) Quite satisfying to see the backpack fully packed and containing everything I will be needing the next months.. :-)
Tomorrow we are leaving for Vilanculos, which used to be a popular holiday-destination of the portugese colonialists. Today it is still supposedly great with a beautiful ocean and good seafood :-) There is even the possiblity of spotting manatees (seacows)or Dugongs as they call them here, which would be extraordinary as they have become very rare elsewhere in Mocambique..

We are getting up very early tomorrow as the drive to Vilanculos is quite long and we have to avoid being caught in the major public transport-strike, which is being held in Maputo tomorrow. Apparantly they strike every year and often end up burning cars etc.. so better leave early ;-)

Tomorrow the East-African expedition will officially start and MAN it's going to be GREAT!

 

Comments

1

God tur. pas nu godt på dig selv.

  Onkel Bjørn Sep 1, 2010 6:34 PM

2

Hi Bruderherz!
Synes rigtig godt om din travelblog;) var godt at snakke lidt i dag!!! jeg ringer i morgen. jeg skal dalme tidligt op.men tror det bliver en spændene dag.. så det er i seng nu;)

og man må altså nok sige at der er en lille forfatter gemt i dig;)
god tur !
pas på dig selv
dbh markus

  markus, aka. Lil Bro Sep 6, 2010 3:46 AM

About christoph_j


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mozambique

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.