Existing Member?

WWOOF Chile/Argentina

May 17 & 18

CHILE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [213]

On Sunday we planted more trees, then had a lovely and leisurely lunch in curanipe + a nice walk around town. That evening we hung out for a while before fixing a light tapas dinner, and then we watched the movie Sideways to commemerate our someone sideways ventures thus far drinking all kinds of spectacular wines (and because i had never seen it, he loves it, and knows the author of the book who has stayed here!). Then, we camped outside that night - no tent! it was the first time i have ever slept under the stars, and i cant wait to do it again. it also ended up being the first dawn i got to witness here, which was beautiful, but the sunsets have been much more rewarding, haha.

although we slept outside and i got to witness dawn, i still fell back asleep after dawn, and was surprised that i could still sleep in as late as i did. dishes are my reliable daily task, so i’ll stop mentioning them. i went for a nice long jog that afternoon and i made dinner this night. i like it most especially when i get the opportunity to make brunch or dinner here because then i’m in full control of the menu, and i miss my vegan meals. max is not force-feeding me anything, and it has been a pleasure to be eating seafood and a little meat and dairy again. i have not refused mostly because it would just be impossible to avoid eating such things in this culture i’m immersing myself in and terribly rude, but also (again, lucky me) max knows the importance of good quality food, so all the seafood meat dairy ive been eating has been locally caught/raised/grass-fed/produced by small scale farmers. so again, it is has been a pleasure to assist him in supporting the local food economy here. but, this night i made lentil tacos with quinoa i prepared like mexican rice. it was deeeelish! and max invited his friend ricardo, the husband in the family i have mentioned twice now, over to dine with us. his wife is loreto, kids are teo and trini(dad). because the local school is not so great, he and his wife divide the week staying with their kids at his mother’s house in cauquenes so they can receive a better quality education. so, ricardo is home alone monday-wed. i’m not shy about my cooking around max because he was vegetarian for a good chunk of his life and has an adventurous palate like myself. but i was nervous about serving a vegan meal to a typical omnivore. but, the meal turned out great and ricardo gave me high compliments. his wife is apparently a very good cook, so i’m hoping i can get an opportunity or two to cook with her and learn some chilean dishes!

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.