Existing Member?

Chris' Travels We are traveling around the Southern Hemisphere!

Landed in New Delhi

INDIA | Monday, 17 November 2008 | Views [651] | Comments [3]

Well we've completed our first flight, and have now landed in New Delhi!

The flight was great as once we'd got settled, someone else had been double booked into our seats, so next thing we know we've been upgraded! Seriously everyone should fly business class!

Once we landed at the airport and spent an hour or two waiting for our bags :( we headed out and got a taxi to our Hostel, as we left the airport we were greated by the sight of elephants on the motorway! (Well one elephant anyway)

Our hostel is basic but clean and has the unexpected bonus of a en-suite, reasonably good for £3 a night! The area isn't fantastic but there seem to be quite a few travellers around so we'll hopefully bump into some in a bar later!

We spent the morning sleeping and then in the afternoon headed out for a quick wander which turned into about 5 hours wandering round, it's very weird to see cows just wandering round the place as if they own it and they're totally unfazzed by hundreds of people surrounding them and cars and bikes passing within inches!

Anyway, we're trying to decide if we should do a trip, and I think the best way to discuss it will be at a bar...

Cheers,

Chris

Tags: delhi, first flight

 

Comments

1

Hi CJ, glad to hear all is going well and you flight out was brilliant. Should I save this site somewhere? write more news soon. Love Mum xx

  jan Nov 18, 2008 7:14 AM

2

Hi Chris
Hope you had a good night in the bar & look forward to your next progress report.
Dad

  Stephen John Moon Nov 18, 2008 7:15 AM

3

Hi Christopher *:)

Great to hear from you!

Business class, eh?! Think you might find that Rich had a little word in someones ear to increase your chances of that happening. *;)

Sounds like you're having a yummy, "cultural time" and testing out the foreign bars. Found something to replace your beloved Strongbow yet? I do hope so but if not, I'm sure you'll have fun trying!

Same old, same old here.

Missing you tons already and so pleased that I don't have to actually start having a life now that you have a blog and can just continue to live through you. *;)

Loads of love,

Joseph xxx

  Jo Nov 18, 2008 7:49 PM

About chrismoon


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.