Existing Member?

Chris' Adventures My highly anticipated trip to the America's...

Nothing lasts forever..

CHILE | Saturday, 27 October 2007 | Views [666]

Me and soph with our fly glasses

Me and soph with our fly glasses

Santiago, Chile

We spent the last week of our trip in Santiago and had a great time.  We booked ourselves into a really nice apartment complete with kitchen and balcony and did a lot of relaxing!  We went out for lunch and dinner most days and also went on a city tour which again gave us a good feel for the city.

We visited Pina Del Mar which was a lovely little beachside town on the coast about 100km's from Santiago.  We visited the casino (and i managed to win $60 on blackjack.. which was much needed!), went out for lunch, bought a beanie, did a bit of shopping, went bowling in the middle of a 7 year olds birthday party and then caught the bus home.. It was a great day.

We also visited the big hill in the middle of Santiago which has a zoo, a public swimming pool and some restaurants on it.. And you get up the hill on a big train and then come down on a chairlift which was cool.  The zoo was kind of sad because it was really poorly maintained and a lot of the enclosures that the animals were kept in really had nothing in it besides dirt, food and water.. And all the marine animals water enclosures smelt really really bad!

We went out a few nights and had a few drinks, and on the last night of the trip we had a really big night in town which ended with us attempting some tango on a pretty much empty dancefloor at about 4am and failing badly!  It was a really fun night!

So thats about it guys and girls.  We then caught the plane home at about 10pm on the 10th of October and arrived back in Adelaide on the afternoon of the 13th..  It was great to get home, 3 months felt like such a long time while i was there but now that i am back it feels like i never really left!

Thanks to those of you who kept up with the journals.. It was good to keep a record of a lot of what i experienced on the trip.. It was an amazing experience..

Im already planning my next adventure! :)

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.