Existing Member?

The Adventurous Travels of Chrille

The Concrete Beat

GERMANY | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [123] | Scholarship Entry

So I went to Berlin with a good friend of mine. I was eager to check the the nightlife like the party animal I am, and I'd only heard good stuff about it in Berlin. So imagine my disappointment when my fellow traveler wanted to go back to the hotel to catch some shuteye after only one little drink at the quiet little bar that night. I can understand him somewhat since we both didn't get much sleep the day leading up to our trip and the fact that we were living quite comfortably at the luxurious Westin Grand Hotel, but since this was just a short weekend trip I didn't wanna miss out on any of the quality party time, so I decided to continue my evening on my own. I had only vaguely googled Berlins nightlife before the trip but hadn't written down any names or locations for pubs or clubs, I thought for myself; "Onward! May the night take me wherever it like!". Just a few blocks down I noticed a long line of people, but they weren't queuing outside a fancy club, this place looked more like an abandoned building ready to get demolished the very next day or something. So I got in line and it didn't take long until I got in and noticed that the inside of the club was as rugged as the outside, with clearly visible cracks in the rough concrete. Don't get me wrong, I don't really mean it in a negative way, it was just unusual and not your common-looking club. So I went up the first flight of stairs and was met by a huge booming dancefloor filled with dancing people. The walls was covered with posters of bands and such, used as wallpaper. So I bought a beer and started to mingle. I checked out the other floors of the building and they followed the same the raw pattern but each with their own distinct feeling to it. All the people I met were very nice and outgoing. I even got invited to a party by a girl I met in the bathroom, it was to take place in some park in the afternoon the next day. She wrote down the address on my arm, but unfortunately when I woke up the next day the writings were all smeared out on my arm, and also we had to pack and get ready because we were going to catch our flight home in the evening. But to sum things up, it was a terrific experience unlike any other club I've ever been to. And people shouldn't be so afraid to go exploring a new place on their own, you just might end up having the time of your life, with new exciting people!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About chrille


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.