Existing Member?

crissy&camille Travel should change your perspective...

how it all began..

USA | Saturday, 14 July 2007 | Views [559]

Hey babe, what places would you most like to see in your lifetime?

I can't exactly say what spurred us on to take a year off (more or less) to travel the world, although, I am fairly certain this particular question had at least a little something to do with it. The question, inquisitively asked far more than a year ago, has now become the mainstay of our thoughts. Like those that tour empty homes with no real plan of moving, it was a fun thought. Flirting with the idea quickly became an affair, not quite a promise. Backpacks were researched exhaustedly (to the utmost annoyance of one dear friend in particular) bits of gear and clothing were purchased slowly over the next year. Movies and parties we're ok but if you asked us what we'd like to do today, our answer, more often than not, would include a trip to REI or one of many other outdoor type stores.

Our first travel guide was bought. Rough Guides "First-Time Around the World" kick-started us into making some real decisons. Airtreks.com was our flight researching tool. It was no longer an affair but a relationship.

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." –- Miriam Beard

Tags: The Planning Phase

About chitlin5


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.