Existing Member?

travelling the middle

Datong

CHINA | Wednesday, 26 June 2013 | Views [319]

One of us 4 travellers got our group together. Only thing we knew about each other by the time we first met: we are all in Beijing at the moment and we all wanted to go to Datong a few weeks later. So we met for a coffe, and it turned out to be an awesome group of fun travellers.

May 3re to May 5th we basically spent either on mountains, in cabs or walking around the old city of Datong. Taking all the fun menories with us, enjoying the adventure, having good conversations, and starting to think about China´s coal issues- environmantal problems are so obvious there. Daton covers 60 Percent of China´s coal supply... Imagine how filled the city is with coal drucks plus all the mines around Datong.

Nevertheless, We made frineds with teh icecream-stand-team, the popcorn man, and the dubstep guy, who carried all this gear for a unique street-disco on a small cart on 4 wheels.

 

Also the night trains were a new experience here in China- a very positive one thou. Not bad, not bad, well spent time. Lots of enjoyable moments...

Tags: datong, hiking, sights

 

About china2013


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.