Existing Member?

Chia Write or Wrong

Sansuko Ville- The Beginning

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 25 October 2010 | Views [479]

Sansuko Ville

So lucky we found this place, it’s owned by 2 Yorkshire ex pats Bobbi and Steve who run it with help from their Thai family Eddie and Boo- ah (phonetic), husband and wife.

The Thai language is tonal which basically means anything you’re saying, you’re saying it wrong. Forget the wrong word foreigner (or Ferang) mixup. Here an upward inflection could land you with a dog instead of evading a cab fare!!! But I digress…

We are now staying here 10 days, the people are great and they are showing us how to mix and interact with the Thai’s which should make our journey far smoother.

Booah is expecting her 3rd child any minute and we’ll probably be here for that. The other people staying here are mostly seasoned travelers and have a wealth of information to give!!

We have been to Wat Chalong, the biggest Buddhist temple on the island and the big Buddha which needs to be seen to be believed.  It’s a huge Buddha built on the top of a gaint hill which can be seen for km around. We put some names on a tile which will become part of the base of the Buddha when it is completed. The views from the hill are amazing as it has been built so far up and the monks do all their daily rituals in houses and sheds underneath the Buddha. Directly underneath are many more Buddhas in various poses representing various stages of life, offerings of food, flowers and money are left.

At Wat Chalong Buddha is also given gold which is rubbed onto his image. So much to see and understand, I have borrowed a book from Bobbi to get my head around it.

Last night we went to the night market and I saw what I was expecting as the real Thailand. I ate fish cakes and crickets, heaps of different fruits and these little pancake grilled things filled with what seems to be Italian meringue and carrot???? I dunno but they were good!!! Spent so much just on eating. Unfortunately Bobbi had cooked an awesome Sunday lunch of roast, gravy, mash, roast veg and all the trimmings including yorkies!! Oops pity I ate so much there.
Think I will be the only person ever to go to Thailand and put on weight!!!

Still no food poisoning as yet to keep that weight in check!! Which is a joke, ok?

Anyway, leave it there. Going to an orphanage to see the kids later in the week and to the lady boy bars and girly bars in Hat Patong tomorrow night so will keep you posted.

Let me know if I’m being boring and I’ll keep it more succinct!!!

Tags: big buddha, hotel, wat chalong

About chikey


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.