Existing Member?

WorldNomads Scholarship 2012

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 20 April 2012 | Views [152] | Scholarship Entry

When someone asked about Indonesia,what do you remember?do you know rendang?Okay,almost people know what rendang is. Rendang is one of the most delicious foods in the world. And do you know where is rendang from?Yess..rendang from Indonesia.
If someone ask,what you proud of your country? I would say,food. Indonesia has a wide variety of Indonesian cuisine. Resources of Indonesia are abundant,with the diverse cultures in this country,so it’s not possible if Indonesia is called a 'beauty' outstanding culinary,right?
How wonderful God given on this country with the spices (rempah-rempah) as the country's natural resources. The spices give a special flavor in each Indonesia cuisine. Spices are the essence of the privilege of the Indonesia culinary traditions.
It has many benefits, no wonder if many people in the world looking for the spice-producing countries. And Indonesia to be a place for many people to look for seasoning.
There is a simpler way to preserve the culinary Indonesia,involves you and me,with easy way. The way is to love Indonesia cuisine with cook and eat Indonesian food, and the recipe give to our children to continued, and introduced the Indonesia culinary to the world. Let the world know that Indonesian cuisine is a cuisine that is only made by the Indonesian people. Let the world understand that our culture can raised through food.
Bye the way, I really like culinary. I had eaten Nasi Padang,it’s literally heaven. I enjoy Rujak Cingur, Soto Lamongan which is from my East Java. I also enjoy Gudeng from Jogja, Ayam rica-rica from Manado and so many splendid foods.
I eat, I try to make it, and I will give my knowledge of Indonesia culinary to my children someday. The purity and authenticity of the taste needs to be maintained so that the taste has not changed. So,we have to preserve the authentic of Indonesia cuisine. Aren’t we?

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About chichimochi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.