Existing Member?

Travels with the Prince

Just up the road from Liz Hurley in the Cotswolds

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 21 July 2010 | Views [1478]

John doing a barbeque (or braai!) at our house in the Cotswolds - rain intermittent.

John doing a barbeque (or braai!) at our house in the Cotswolds - rain intermittent.

CALLING FAMILY AND FRIENDS....Visit us in the Cotswolds – we’re just up the road from Liz (Hurley, that is) and have a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with a garden and a great pub across the road! That's how home exchange works - you get an amazing home for practically free. That's why we started our own website called The Travelling Prince Home Exchange and we need members to help make your next holiday brilliant as well as economical.... and we also want to give away US $5000 (that's US as in United States) to someone who comes up with a great caption in our competition.

Anyway - more about the Cotswolds! I love the place and am finding it hard to keep away from estate agents windows. The prices are doing a good job of that though. So, yes, Liz Hurley has a farm close by, - I am thinking of writing to her in case she would like to put her property on our website as a home exchange.... you never know! She might love our place in South Africa or yours... wherever it might be. Her farm is near Cirencester, which as the crow flies is only a few miles from us. But then again, I have discovered that everything is pretty close in the Cotswolds – even Wales and London! We drove to Wales to pick up a laptop the other day. John loves his new Dell and is smiling again after his old computer packed up along the Ring of Kerry (don’t ask – I think it was the Irish Mist…).It's pretty hard to run a web based business without a laptop, especially when you are travelling.

According to the Gloucestershire Echo, Liz is going to get down and dirty amongst her pigs, goats and sheep in a reality TV show about life on her farm. You might even get to meet her on market days where she sells her sausages and burgers at the Cirencester Farmers market. Not sure what she will be wearing, but I guarantee she will look gorgeous in her wellies and scarf.

But as for me, we're off looking for wildflowers in a meadow (we have a new pocket guide book to help us tell the difference between ragwort and dogweed), and then to Daylesford for organic produce to stock up our very large pantry. Now we just need some guests. The first one arrives tomorrow - A dear friend of mine from school days (long long ago) in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Just busy planning the itinerary… Chipping Norton, Bourton on Water, Bibury, Stow on the Wold, here we come! oh... and the Daylesford organic farm which our home exchange partners recommended. I believe the farm and the shops are exquisite. Will bring home some duck salami for John.

Tags: home exchange, house swap, liz hurley, south africa, the cotswolds, the travelling prince home exchange

About cherylb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.