Existing Member?

In Every Corner.

Being Underground.

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 12 May 2008 | Views [204]

Finally reached London,
though spending 14 hours on the plane wasn't exactly fun for someone like me who just can't stop moving around.
Flying over the Arabian Sea,
i kept having that phrase from Macbeth repeating in my head,
but i must say - the airline was pretty good.
Doha was hot of course,
and we had to alight from the plane and be transported to the terminal by a bus.
Wanted to get one or two shots there but it wasn't allowed, so, oh well.
Getting to the inn was, one word - tiring.
Lugging 20kg of luggage around and having to change trains 3 times isn't exactly funny either.
The place wasn't too bad, but traveling alone around London is totally different from doing the same around Hong Kong.
Speaking of which, i quite miss Hong Kong, actually.
Took some photographs around Peckham Rye,
then went over to Westminster to snap more photographs.
Saw this man in Scottish attire playing the bagpipes - interesting to watch.
Weather was rather good yesterday, sunny and all.
Left Westminster and went to Victoria, took the Jubilee line to Green Park (i think) and went on to change to the Piccadilly line to Knightsbridge.
Was around 9-ish by then, so obviously, Harrods was closed,
but still managed to buy a Harrods bear from across the street.
Absent mindedly forgot to pay any attention to the train i boarded, ended up going in the opposite direction and almost missed the last train back to Peckham Rye.
It was rather cold then, and walking back in the 'NTU spirit' jacket, 
and that pair of Topshop bermudas - it obviously wasn't protecting me from the cold so i just prayed i'd be able to find my way back without like getting lost in the dim light.
So much for day one. 32 pounds spent in total (i think), darn.

About chemistry_freako


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.