Existing Member?

the audacious

Her husband is the holy book "Quran"

TUNISIA | Tuesday, 5 May 2015 | Views [119] | Scholarship Entry

I met her in the "Sarem Burney" shelter, Karachi Pakistan, she is an old woman, has arround 70 years old. She is living in this shelter since 23 years, since the day she had escaped form her home and her family.
Ms " Aliya Sarem" told us her story with a lot of sadness and pain:" She is hear since 23 years, we did our best to find a settlement with her family's member but they refused all our suggestions.
When she was a young lady, her family, especially her brother, had forced her to get married from the holy book. This kind of wedding is known in the rural areas. Men usually use it to get lost from their sisters. In this way; the sister will be obliged to live as "santa Maria", she has to live in a room, pray for God and protect the holy book. And the most important thing, she will never ask about her heritage or she will never have a husband who will ask for heritage"..
When I first heard that story I was so shocked, how could a woman get married from a book ? And how these muslims think about that ? And how could the "Quran be a husband ????
But, the reality is not about religion or awareness or education, the reality that these men are so clever, devils and love money; the is way they created such wedding to avoid all situations could threaten their fortune or heritage.
However, I really appreciate that this strong lady and despite her community and the force they used, she decided to run away, to look for her freedom and to make the other women aware.
She was clever and intelligent to understand that God could never accept the idea of getting married from a book.
I think that these women don't need any empowerment because they are the empowerment, the strength and the leader of their lives.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About cheikhrouhoucyrine


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tunisia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.