Existing Member?

A Journey of a Little Fairy

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 16 April 2012 | Views [182] | Scholarship Entry

A proverb says “Everything is not immortal” so as a human being, you have to keep what you are having now. But I still wonder why what we need and love always cannot be with us for a long time and always gone away faster.
Basically, I was a quiet person and seemed like the outsider of the world; I did not love traveling, talking, writing, and caring about something around me. However, everything has changed since I met a middle-aged man.

Last year, I met Mr. Reach Sambath who was my lecturer at Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP). The time I spent with him is not so long. However, I learnt a lot from him, and I just started to know my brightness future.

It is not about traveling that I met him by chance, but I love traveling and writing since I was his student by chance. During learning with him, I and all of my classmates had to go outside every week to travel and find story for him. And Sambath was also with us to take care and help.

Traveling and writing every week made me start to love them; it seems like the technique to gain more knowledge, and build network or communication. Even though I am a girl, I never hesitated to go far away from the city by my motorbike since I think that one day I will go farther than this, and have a long journey to share my education.

Sambath taught me the technique how to write a good story and attract the readers; he always gave feedback of students’ writing to them to get improvement.

Traveling and Writing is a good partner; both of them together are a good experience and memory for you to apply on your knowledge and share to other people around you.

Unfortunately, Sambath has gone away during he was in my semester. What made me upset was he died after three days we came from our traveling together. Thus, all students were so shock.

Although short time being with him, I had a lot of good memories and learned a lot from him. Sambath is not here, but as his student, I still go through by myself and will become a good writer.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About cheata-chan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.