Existing Member?

Go slower

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 29 July 2010 | Views [188] | Scholarship Entry

I started a cycling trip from Lhasa in Tibet to Yeching in Xinjiang in 2009. In that 31 days and 2715km, we had lots of priceless local encounters. I believe the slowness and freedom from bicycle could enable us to experience the world more deeply. Nowadays, people ask how to get faster, but I’ve learnt that we should try to slow down in order to appreciate surroundings. Sometimes, directly fly to your destination would not be the best option. You may find things even better DURING your trip. That’s what inspires me to make that video.

Before doing the piece, I watched all my videos one more to find out what message I would like to convey.

As it is my first time to make a documentary, I have to learn things like video-editing from the beginnings. I find it difficult to include more elements in my video without making it messy to convey the main message.

Media is full of sad stories but Good things also happen around, people love it but tends to ignore it! So, I love to be a professional documentary maker to discover more stories of happiness and hope and pay them forward.  

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

 

About chealan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.