Existing Member?

A Light & A Bottle Opener

Catching a Moment - Is that music?

FRANCE | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [215] | Scholarship Entry

It was my third day in Nice. I'd spent the first looking for the b&b before spending the day at the beach, only to return back for a shower to be told "guests are allowed one shower a day, but for a fee....". The second was a day trip around the Cote D'Azur- including the trip around the Monacco race track the day after the race. Having been burnt to a crisp and being short on cash on day 3, and needing to get out of the sweltering heat, I decided to visit a local casino-figured if I won some money I'd have a good dinner, but at least I'd be in cool air conditioned comfort. No idea what the slots were doing but I did win enough for a prix fixe meal at a restaurant, before boarding the train to Rome. The train pulled off at 7pm and travelled along giving its passengers a spectacular view of the sunset along the coast. Looking out into the sunset, you could almost hear the gentle strum of a guitar...No wait there was a gentle strum of a guitar as a passenger down the sleeper corridor started playing his guitar. Standing by the window of the train with the smell of smoke, sweat and sea mixed in the air, taking in an incredible sunset view with the slow melodies drifting down and filling the rest of the car does make you think it really is the journey not the destination.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About charmedphoenixrising


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.