Existing Member?

MyItchyFeetAreBringingMeTo... My adventures in the Americas and beyond!

Return trip to Cairns

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 13 November 2013 | Views [1104]

As I described in my last post I got a shock when coming to Sydney. After 4 months and half travelling and enjoying the holiday life, my return to a "western", organised city was a bit difficult. Although I knew perfectly I came to Australia with the primary objective of finding work I was trying to fight the return to a more stable life. So I decided to fly to Cairns and possibly try to find a job there. Cairns is up North on the East coast of Australia and enjoys a nice tropical weather which turns into wet (rain) season soon. During those 3 days, I did find a few small jobs there however either against accommodation only (limited number of hours)  or with conditions that would have meant no social life for the next 3-4 months.I met really nice people at the hostel in Cairns and had a good time, it was so sunny and hot that i did feel like I was backpacking again and near the beach although you can only swim in the artificial lagoon.

But I suddenly realised that I should really go back to Sydney to find a job. not only because there are probably three times more opportunities in the capital but also because if I come back to a working life I should try to come back to what i know best during a working life... which is life in a big city. And as I described Sydney it is a sort of cleaner and more spacious London, also more relaxed...and sunny!! Plus the beach is not far away either and contrary to Cairns you can actually go swimming! (In Cairns it is forbidden because of sharks and poisonous jellyfishes). So it took me a while to realise all these but in the end I have been following my feelings and it wasn't bad afterall as I also had a good time. However now it is time to seriously start working.

I will write more later about the "work search' and my latest news as I am waiting still to hear more from people and don't want to write more before things are for sure.... so more news in the next episode! I'm crossing my fingers for it to be good (exciting) news!

 

 

 

About charline_thomasson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.