Existing Member?

MyItchyFeetAreBringingMeTo... My adventures in the Americas and beyond!

From Isla Holbox to saying goodbye

MEXICO | Wednesday, 14 August 2013 | Views [1422]

Here is my last story from Mexico! Time has gone so fast, today marks exactly two months since I left London, and I feel like I arrived to Mexico just 2 weeks ago...  I spent my last week in Isla Holbox which is an island North of Cancun. It is a very quiet and beautiful Island. It has nothing in common with the perfect beaches of the Riviera Maya. Here two seas converge and so the sea is not as clear and the sand is not as white. The stretches of sand are actually quite small (opposed to wide) and have a lot of seashells which if I am not mistaken means that it is more natural (?). I witnessed beautiful sunsets there and the magic phosphorescent lights in the sea at night created by a specific kind of fish. It was very nice to relax there and the hostel was quite good too. The Island itself or the center is extremely small so everything was very close by. I actually heard a lot of French speaking there, it seems that the Island got some kind of advertising in France! I got to know some Spanish girls and a french girl too there who was a really fun girl! The only thing about the Island is that if you are expecting any kind of nightlife you can be disappointed but luckily I wasn't really in that mood.

Yesterday I got back to the mainland to Cancun and tried to desperately find a guidebook of Brazil in english... well I probably went to all the bookstores and none had what I needed. So my last resort was to buy one in spanish. So here is my first book in spanish: a guidebook of Brazil! if I dont get confused I'll be extremely lucky! But I do understand most of it luckily! In Brazil I hope to meet a couple of known faces which is adding to my excitement! People to chat about things of the past! It's really good to meet new people so often when you travel but somehow I am also looking forward meeting existing friends! So to sum it up I spent all of today reading my guidebook and making plans for the next month because until now I only knew where I am arriving: Salvador, Bahia (after 3 flights, which I am not looking forward to at all... but I was mad enough to accept it in my itinerary!). As Brazil is such a huge country I had to choose very carefully where I am going and how.

So I will keep you updated with my itinerary whilst I'll be on my way. 

I am very sad to leave Mexico, I really got to love this country and had such a great welcome everywhere. But I am very excited to go to Brazil and with a bit of aprenhension too but it feels like a new adventure all together!!! From Central to South America, the climate might be a bit colder (although from Salvador to Rio I have been told it is nice all year).

Entonces, hasta luego Mexico, y Hola Brazil!  

 

About charline_thomasson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.