Existing Member?

new chapter

muslim shade

TURKEY | Tuesday, 19 May 2015 | Views [177] | Scholarship Entry

Last trip i had was to turkey. for the first time i went 'empty headed', without any plans or museum lists. i just went through the city, was hanging out with the residents. whichever the reason, i ended up feeling more connected to the world around me than ever. now it can't say wether it was because i became more mature or if it was because the religion differs from others i visited, but it ended up to be the most honest, direct and powerful travel i had.
i felt a bit unsafe there coming to a city which has 4 times more people than in my whole country and where a position of women is different, it was a shock. eventhough feeling unsafe i was so grateful and privileged to have a chance to visit something completely different. i felt like my whole life i was wearing glasses and they became cleaner and clearer.
turkey was like getting out of my comfort zone and pushing myself and then i saw how i reacted to some things, and by that i also got to know myself, my other faces. i started writing as i usually do when i go somewhere. travelling kind of pushes me to write because i feel so inspired by seing different people, different rituals, different movings and i start a little conversation of mine in my head, about world, about life, about myself and how i want to be and how can i make it happen. i just pops up in my head out of the blue. i have my travel diaries as well my notebook where i write poetry. it started at my first big travel when i went to canada for two months, and it was just before i decided what to study. at that trip not only have decided to become a designer, but i have found out that i could write poetry. it just came out of me. and it continues on every trip of.
except in turkey,where it was a different kind of poetry. it was more of a philosophical kind. being faced to completely different lifestyle and look on life i have found facing my fear of being out of my comfort zone, but as well finding my strength of facing my fears. i found out and experienced a truth of life that we are on our own in life, you can travel wherever you want to go, but you will always bring yourself. i had a luck that i was meeting myself in every place i went, and saw the beauty of getting to know yourself by meeting others and experiencing both rough and beautiful stuff of reality that travel brings. it was an amazing and one of the most important adventures that shaped me more than any other.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About chapters_on_life_page


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.