Existing Member?

Hello world Keeping track of my journey through Asia; working through the blood, sweat, and all the pig intestines you can eat

Night before/Morning of

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 20 June 2014 | Views [410] | Comments [4]

I'll be in Shanghai in 18 hours!

This will be my first public travel blog, and the first time I've travelled 'alone'! (Referring to the classic lone-backpack-around-Europe that continues to elude children of Asian parents; if catching an airplane to Shanghai and sort-of visiting the city by myself counts as 'alone' then I'll take it!)

The alarm has been set to 5:30am, so in just over 5 hours, though knowing my sleeping patterns there really should be consecutive alarms set for each following minutes + maybe a marching band and live fireworks. Though in this golden paranoid state of mind of early Friday morning I'm convinced my dad is trying to sabotage my trip. With a plane departure time of 0930, he suggested ariving at 0800, leaving just enough time for me to madly dash through clearance, security and the duty free, break an ankle in panic, miss the plane while being chartered off to the hospital, still clutching my Conversational Chinese and cursing the day I ever asked my dad for a lift to the airport. But more on that later.

The suitcase, weighing in at a hefty 30kgs, is quite literally bursting at the seams. I'm slightly worried about it cracking open and spilling, though I know I have little to worry about as the only valuable items in there are just $30 jeans and copious amounts of Australian milk powder

So it's time to hit the hay, and as I arm myself with generous doses of Arctic Monkeys/Mark Twain (with the full knowledge that I'll probably end up watching reruns on Toddlers & Tiaras for the full 10 hour flight), I say adios Australia, see you on the other side!

 

- Amy

Tags: airport, frantic, pack

 

Comments

1

Why milk powder?

  New Challenger Jun 20, 2014 9:13 AM

2

New Challenger,

  chang_in_china Jun 21, 2014 12:34 PM

3

^ (whoops), anyhoo continued on
The Chinese gold market has crashed and milk powder has taken over as the next most valuable commodity. Seriously though haha it's not far from the truth! Aussie milk is just far more delicious and it's easier on the stomach plus many bags are being gifted to my relos!

  chang_in_china Jun 21, 2014 12:41 PM

4

just dont drink the milk there
(tastes like shit, such diluted)

  hobui Jul 3, 2014 7:02 PM

About chang_in_china


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.