Existing Member?

The Road Less Traveled By Serving to systematically document my travels on my journey to self-disovery. In reality, thoughts, musing, and experiences as I attempt to travel to as many worldly destinations as possible.

A Weekend In Bangladesh

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 3 February 2014 | Views [360]

... Not really. But a girl can dream, right? However, this weekend I did get to experience the next best thing. As part of the St. Lawrence program, we have the opportunity to go and stay with other families in different areas of London for the weekend. These families are typically of an ethnic minority, and living in an area of London that identifies with that culture. Marissa, Leynah, Tessa, and I had the opportunity to stay with a Bangladeshi family in Upton Park. We had a fabulous time, hanging out with the family, watching movies, and, of course, eating our weight in Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. Although we are all swamped with work, it was nice to see another area of London. We took a bus tour on Friday, and it was incredible to both see how much ground I've covered, and yet how much of London there still is to discover.

The only downside of not being around this weekend was that I missed the Chinese New Year festivities. The parade is apparently the largest outside of China itself. Unfortunately, it was at 10 am, and by the time I got back home the festivities were more or less over. I'll just have to satisfy my dumpling craving another day!

This week promises to be crazy: 3 plays, a tube strike, a visit to Stonehenge, and my 21st birthday! I'll let you know how it all turns out!

About cfleisch10


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.