Existing Member?

Adventurous Escapades

August Newsletter...

SOUTH AFRICA | Saturday, 20 August 2011 | Views [270]

Gazing at the deep blue horizon, while savouring the saliferous sea air from my favorite beach in my best-loved city, is a delight that is difficult to describe.  Home.  The word conjures up thoughts of longstanding, joyous friendships forged in the furrows of time as we journey through life together.  History floods my mind as I am reminded of watershed moments captivated in His presence, moments that shifted the direction of my compass needle sending me across the globe to meet unknown challenges and explore new realms.  How good it is to return to home base to be refreshed and to reflect on the culmination of a five year long nomadic journey.

As I sit in my sun-washed room (ahhhh one happy ‘reptile’), I marvel at the last few weeks since my arrival.  My new flat mate, the lovely Lisa, is truly a delight and a gift to me.  I regularly find a glass of freshly squeezed vegetable juice waiting for me in the morning.  Thank you Lisa!  Within a few days of my return I was very kindly offered a car to borrow.  Cape Town without a car is not much fun.  What an unexpected surprise. A big thank you to Paul, Charmayne and Matthew.  But wait, that’s not all.  By the end of my first week here, the wheels for a potential job started turning.  It feels as though I have been swept along, blown by the winds of favour and blessing.  It is a very welcome experience after a rather challenging season in the UK.  So on Monday I will start working as a software developer for an asset management company (a mere ten minutes drive from where I live), working on their web based asset management product.

What will this season hold?  There are stirrings of revival in Cape Town.  There is a collective hunger and passion for God’s presence that I have not seen for many years.  Groups of people are going onto the streets and seeing the sick healed causing much debate in churches where the miraculous has not been an experiential truth.  People from all different churches and denominations are meeting together regularly to enjoy His presence and to seek more.  Something must surely birth out of such hunger. 

As I reacquaint myself with my beloved Cape Town, I’m enjoying this time of rest.  I’m not too eager to run too fast too quickly, taking time to savour the new yet familiar.  To see His kingdom come on Earth as it is in Heaven still burns in my heart.  Jesus paid a big price so we could know true love, true freedom and true joy.  May we see Jesus get His full reward!

Thank you to those who have been such a support to me over the years.  Specifically Sibylle, my Austrian warrior and financial angel, and Kirby and Sean for your incredible emotional support and willingness to open up your home to me.  I miss you already.

Blessings!

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.