Existing Member?

Adventurous Escapades

June Newsletter

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 28 June 2011 | Views [152]

Don’t you just love the language of the Spirit?  It’s like dancing to a melody unique to you and your Beloved.  There is the gentle sway of the soft melody; there is the quietness, the pause between the notes.  And then there are the sweeping movements of rapid change where the leader of the dance moves so unexpectedly that everything in you squeals with delight as you spin around the room in his very safe arms.

In exactly one month today, on the 28th of July, I will be arriving back in Cape Town.  My long term plans of staying in London and taking the business analyst role at HTB have shifted slightly.  Weeks before I was due to change roles, I received a prophetic word that I had all these plans and they were good and things I could do well, but that God wanted to interrupt my thoughts, that He would bring clarity to my jumble of ideas.  He has full permission to interrupt my thoughts.  And interrupt He did. 

It became more and more clear over the weeks that followed that taking the new role was not the best way to go.  So what would be next?  I waited.  The only desire I could find in my heart was to go back home - a difficult decision.  And then came the confirmation.  A few days later I went to a meeting where an American woman, who knew nothing about me, prayed for me.  The first words out of her mouth were ‘I see Africa is on your heart.  I see you doing lots of things in Africa’.  Thinking I was British, she was quite shocked that her words were such a vivid answer to a very present decision.

Does that mean my time in Europe is over?  For now, but not forever.  It’s interesting that I worked for HTB for 5 months to the day.  11th January to the 10th June.  Five is the number for grace and fruitfulness.  The 10th June was also the last day of the School of Ministry I helped start in Kent.  I attended the graduation on the following Sunday (what a delight to see my students flying!).  It felt like I too had graduated.  I came to the UK to do my 3rd year internship after two years at Bethel.  It was an unconventional third year, but the timing is all too perfect to not wonder if I have indeed graduated from a Holy Spirit, custom made 3rd year internship in the UK. 

What will be next?  That is a good question.  Watch this space for further developments. On a practical note, I will need a place to stay on my return.   If you know of a room I can rent please let me know.

Enjoy your own dance with the Holy Spirit.  He is wild, yet you are always safe with Him.  You can trust him.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.