Existing Member?

Adventurous Escapades

Treasure hunt experience

USA | Thursday, 13 November 2008 | Views [119]

Today I went on my first outreach into the city of Redding (I've missed a few weeks due to the flu)  It was a good experience - apart from seeing someone get arrested and being offered drugs... (no I am not kidding)  We all filled out our treasure hunt forms and compared notes.  There were common factors, for example a few of us had a park for our location.  So off to the park we went.  One guy in my group had wheelchair written down, and as we arrived at the park, there he was, a guy with leg in a cast sitting in a wheelchair.  So two of us went up to him to speak to him and pray for him.  We saw two women wearing pink (another one on our treasure list) and they were so excited to be our treasure.  One of them had been a treasure before.  She asked for prayer regarding relationships which was on our list too...surprise surprise.  There was guy that matched our list that was unfortunately in the process of being handcuffed and put into a police car.  We thought it wiser to just pray for him from a distance.  I'm amazed at how specific the 'clues' can be.  There was another team doing prophetic art this afternoon. One of them drew a picture of an umbrella and gave it to someone, explaining her interpretation of the drawing.  The person she gave it to was amazed.  As it turns out, that person collects umbrellas to give to people downtown when it rains.  God knows us intimately and he shares his thoughts with us....

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.