Existing Member?

Cedar's South Pacific Adventure Starts in Vanuatu - I return after a 30 year working career to the place where I loved to scuba dive.

Retirement

USA | Monday, 1 December 2014 | Views [164]

Honored; I have been. 

This last month of work as been the best month of my life.  I was honored by retirement parties, lunches, speaks, gatherings and friends all taking time to thank me for my contributions as an employee.  We go to work, day after day, and we likely don't realize the impact that we have on others.  I was so lucky that for the last month people have gone out of their way to tell me now I have impacted their lifes in a positive way.  That feels so good - it makes my heart expand.  I am so grateful for the people who stopped by my office just to tell me that they valued my contributions.  People who now recycle more or they enjoy their work but most of all they CARE about the environment.  I am so proud that my career did result in making this world a better place for the next generation.   The Special Waste Collection Center is a facility that will benefit our region for decades to come.  I thank all of you for helping me make that a reality. 

Now I begin my adventure.  First stop - Vanuatu - in the South Pacific.

Tags: retirement

 

About cedarkehoe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.