Existing Member?

The Jungle Adventure Legends...are the spice of the universe, Mr. Data, because they have a way of sometimes coming true" -- Captain Picard

Trip around the island

CAYMAN ISLANDS | Tuesday, 11 December 2012 | Views [348]

Temperature - 31oC / 87oF.

So after a start this morning that was far too early for my liking but insisted upon by my guest from the UK Zoe, we headed out on our journey to see the only part of the island that I had yet to see.

After a 40 minute drive, we arrived at the blow holes - which even on their own, turned out to be worth getting up for. There were work men cutting the grass by the side of the road and the smell that was drifting around smelt just like England in the summer. The smell, combined with standing on the sand looking out at the Caribbean sea coming in and blowing great gusts of water 40 feet in the air made me think again just how surreal my life had become.

We headed off to East End after that and on the way passed the restaurant Tukka that I had been recomended to eat at by several people. Their menu includes such oddities as Twin Kangaroo Fillet Mignon and Sizzle Bouillabaisse Plate. All of which sound quite amazing but unfortunatly the restaurant wasn't open nor did I really fancy kangaroo at 10.42am! (To be returned to at a later date!)

Onwards then round the north end of the island to Rum Point where we procured a mango ice cream each and had a wander down the jetti. The water was clear and a few unidentified fish could be seen swimming here and there. There were only a few others there and the genreal atmosphere was very relaxed and although it was infact a monday, there was a very lazy sunday afternoon feeling to the whole place. After postcards had been purchased by Z, we took a brief trip to the very tip of the island - Kaibo to see the mass of boats and private jetties. We agreed that if a few million was ever won we would come back and acquire our selves a house and boat. Now, the chances of an aspiring musician and a dental nurse doing that were slim to none!!

Onwards then to the Queen Elizabeth Botanic Park. It was roughly 31 / 32oC by then but felt hotter. We took the scenic route around and saw Cayman Parotts and Blue Iguanas a plenty.

By this time it was way past lunch and I was starving. We headed off to a place called Rackhams and sat looking out at the cruise liners and divers while we ate.

Back to the house for an afternoon nap followed by a swim in the pool.

All in all, a pretty good day was had!

 

Tags: beaches, blow holes, island, restaurants, sea

 

About cayman_adventurer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cayman Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.