Existing Member?

India Sept 2006

Day 6

INDIA | Thursday, 12 October 2006 | Views [576] | Comments [1]

Last night Victoria Station was packed with thousands of people. Our guide from the gods: Aine took us to an area where we had enough space to put our bags down and watch the scene as the train pulled in and people made a run for it. The first carriages were very rough with wooden slats for seats - this train was a mininum 9hour journey! Next was a little better because people had reserved seats so were guaranteed a sit down! Next was sleepers - enough to hand people like bats! then our carriages. Now, i had this fantasy for myself and Cathy, since we paid a little more, of your know the moovie, Some Like it Hot, where Marilyn, Jack and yer man have a very cosy sleeper with little white curtains. Well ours was nothing like it! it was a mush to get our seats only to find a couple with a gizzillion bags wverywhere and an old man sitting sheepishly opposite. The world had shifted on its axes and we landed with a bang but when all tickets checked and paid space allocated all was well with the world again.

have to go again: another train to catch!

Namaste xx Cathy &Dee

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

I think I told you the story of our ripped tickets.?IF NOT DONT RIP YOUR BLOODY TRAIN TICKETS OR THE CONDUCTOR WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF.He will look for a large sum of money but dont fall for it,all you have to do is tell him you will sort it out at the official desk at the next station.also be as nice as you can because they hate to loose face and this makes them only worse. Anyway, Charlie says a big hello to his new aunty Dee and Cathy and asks you both to take care cause he cant wait to meet you.XXx.

  Darren,Bernadette and Charlie. Oct 13, 2006 7:12 AM

About cathydee1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.