Existing Member?

my trip adventures

first timer in outside Asia

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 24 April 2014 | Views [153] | Scholarship Entry

Australia, or Perth to be exact, was my solo backpacking destination trip. This is my first time go outside Asia. After a long journey at visa process, finally i had my visa label for the first time!

I chose Perth because this city is nearer from Indonesia, just got 5 hours direct flight from Jakarta (but actually this is the cheapest ticket i got). I flew with Garuda Indonesia, the best airline in my country.

Perth is one of the biggest city in Australia. Not like other cities which have vibrant atmosphere, Perth is very quiet and calm. Suitable for someone who look for a place to relax like me.

Perth has many beautiful beaches with white sands, clear blue sky and turquoise water, and also many greens on the side. Also they have many beautiful landscapes and parks. Something that hard to find in my country.

My highlight of this trip was chance to meet many kind of people, who has different races and languages at my hostel, and also chance to interact with locals. My room mates in hostel came from several countries like Germany, Ireland and Korea. We told much about everything that i have ever found in my country. And they taught me a lot about life, most of them are working holiday visa holder, and they came to Australia just for money. My Ireland friend has been lived over 7 months in hostel and work in library. I just thinking it will be boring right, but she told me if she didn't do this, she couldn't back to her home country, she had to collect much money for ticket.

I also very surprise with the locals, they were very nice and helpful. Before i came to Australia, i thought Caucasians are unfriendly. But i went wrong. I had experience about this, when i got lost in Joondalup suburb, a bus driver help me and drop me off near the gate of a park that i didn't have idea where it was. However, the drop point have no bus shelter but he took a risk just for help me.

That was my first time experience outside Asia. And will definitely do to another next time, where i get chance and more money.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About catatan_lidya


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.