Existing Member?

Goodbye Australia... it's been fun.

You never leave

KENYA | Thursday, 7 May 2009 | Views [782] | Comments [1]

Maasailand is behind me. But it is not a thing of the past. It will NEVER be a thing of the past. Because while all these problems still exist, i will not just 'remember' my time there. No matter where I am in the world, there is always something i can do to help. Same goes for you. You can donate clothes. You can donate money. All you have to do is contact me and I can help you help them.

Every time you do your little thing to contribute to the global warming crisis, just think about the peaceful Maasai people who are starving and dying because of global warming.

Every time you wake up hungover and realise the riiculous amount of money you blew on booze, remember that that money could have put a child through school for a year.

Every time you buy a new t-shirt because your other clothes are 'so last month', i hope you plan on donating your old ones.

It's foolish to expect that every one will donate old clothes, or put a few dollars aside to help a starving family. What i do hope, however, is that you realise your own fortune, and atleast consider the thought of helping. After all, the money you get in one pay check is more than some will get their entire life. The 3 meals a day you eat is more than some people eat in a week. The water you use in one shower could quench the thirst of 10 de hydrated children. A small, insignificant sacrifice from you, is an enormous help to others.

If every person in Canada donated $1, you could pay for 1,000,000 childrens school fees for a year.

If every person in Canada donated $1, you could build 90 bore holes, abolishing the water shortage problems for the majority of rural kenya.

I hope you have a good excuse not to help.

Tags: kenya, maasai, volunteer

Comments

1

Hey,
im going to teach in the maasai this april for close to eight weeks.
I'm also going with IVHQ so its great to hear you had a good experience with them, and I am also Canadian!
I love reading your blogs, you make me feel like I'm already there.
Your so right... "I hope you have a good excuse not to help"
i love your attitude, going into it like your going to change the world and basically giving it your all.
Keep it up
-April

  kenya2010 Mar 6, 2010 8:31 AM

About casey_hamilton

Some statue in chicago and me being a dick

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.