Existing Member?

Goodbye Australia... it's been fun.

Oot and aboot

USA | Tuesday, 19 September 2006 | Views [956] | Comments [1]

Yo yo yooooooooooooooo!!!!

Whats goin on errrrrrbody? Man its been a while since ive written one of these suckers hey! Well, good new for you all, i have nothin to say. Hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Catchya!

Ahhh, whatever! Man there is so much to tell, and so many photos to share. where do i begin....... I know, how about where i left off. Yeah, good idea case!

So camp is all over, no more crying kids, no more disobediant shits during lessons, and no more slave labour. And to be honest, it sux!! Camp was frickin awesome, loved every second of it, even when i caught pink eye. When the kids left, it was like someone was steling your own children. You live in the same bunk as these kids, and share almost every minute of the day with them for 7 weeks, and then BAM! - they're gone. Ah well,  ill see them next year. I was asked to stay around for father son weekend, which ofcourse i said yes cos you get paid a couple hundred extra. So i put on my ass kissing lips, and practiced my smooth talking charm thinking that i would have to act like a perfect role model in front of about 40 dads for a weekend. Well wasnt i wrong! Basically the dads come in and get blind for 3 days. Not all participate in the binge drinking, but those that do were funny as. The boss got in a few kegs, and we all sat around drinking. there were some responsibilities invloved, but they were few and far between and not very comlpicated.

So once father son was over, i made my way down to Boston - arrr to be sure, to be sure, to meet up with about 8 others from camp already there. We stayed for 3 nights and pretty well just relaxed, went out, relaxed when out. Little did we know that was to be the pattern for the next 3 weeks!

From Boston, Me and 8 others (7 aussies, and one Dutchman) caught the bus down to New York where we were staying at this awesome 3 bedroom apartment 5 minutes from Times Square. The bus trip was funny as, we played cards the whole time and if you lost you had to do something embarrasing. We had people doing sit ups in the isle making the sound of a sheep, and once i had to wear a toilet paper headband, and bust out of the toilet singing "Pretty Woman" into the toilet brush in front of all the other passengers. Anyway, NY: Man, things got crazy there. We drank every day while we were there, and had so much fun. Each night we went out and met cool people and invited them back to our apartment and played kings (the ultimate drinking game) until the wee hours of the morning. One night, Bryce and SYmon (who are under 21 so couldn't go out with us) decided it would be funny to do some pranks on us so they stacked up about 20 boxes of beer and 50 empty cans right behind the door so when i came home and opened the door, crap went flying everywhere! i freaked out. Then, they told me they met a homeless guy named jeff and invited him back to our apartment. I looked on our couch and sure enough, there was this black dude fast asleep on the couch wearing my brand new shoes!! I went nuts! As it turns out, it was a fake body but it looked so real. So when Sam came home i played along with it and he was freakin out. He gathered all his belongings and locked them in another room. Such a funny night, and that was just the start of the pranks. Later i went to bed and locked the door, and they somehow unscrewed the door handle, broke in, stole all my clothes (i was sleeping naked...as you do) switched the door handles around, and locked me in there naked with no clothes!! Shit it was funny! They did some other funny pranks, but none that i should mention in a public journal.

Anyway, that basically sums up NY. Oh yeah, there was also this chick that lived in an apartment across the street from us and every night at 5pm she would strut around her place butt naked. So that was our evening entertainment. You can imagine 8 aussies going crazy fighting over a spot at the window each night. good times. NY was one of the funniest time sof my life, i miss it so much!

So post NY, whats happened? me and my mate Sam bought a 30 day train pass and made our way down to Philadelphia, walked around for a couple hours seeing the sights, then jumped back on the train and went to Washington DC for the night. we checked out the shights like White House, Reflection Pond (you know the place in forest Gump where jenny goes running through the lake when Forest is making the speach at the war riot thingy), Lincoln Memorial, US Capitol blah blah blah. There is some amazing architecture there, haven't seen any buildings like that in rendelshack! But i reckon DC is a boring city if your young cos it seems only business men and pollies live there. Cool place to visit though.

So from DC we were gonna go down to Miami but there was a Hurricane on its way so hostels wouldnt let us book in anywhere which sucked. So our last minute plans found us on a 25hour train ride to Chicago. But to pass the time away, we bought a couple botlles of vodka, and drank them both on the train. Made the trip intersting. Man chicago is absolutely beautiful. They have so much pride for their city, it is so clean and so relaxed. Even the homeless people are clean (well as clean as they can be!). The city is on lake michigan so we went down to the lake front (they call it the beach) and it was tripy as. they have bought in sand and set the lake front up just like a beach. its really weird cos it looks just like a beach because you cant see the other side, yet you know its a lake cos its fresh water (and its about 3000km from the ocean!). I recommend checkin out chicago if you get a chance.

After 2 nights in chicago, we caught a train across to Denver, Colorado which is in the rocky mountains. yes, we bought more vodka and drank on the train again, which was funny as. we hung out all night with a lady, Janice, and her 6 year old daughter Sammy. They were really nice people, but i felt so sorry for Sammy. She doesnt have a dad, and it was so sad to see how easily she connected with me and Sam just out of desperation to have male figure in her life. Ah well, such is life i guess.I heard a lot of cool stories about the place, but i was pretty disappointed. Firstly we got stuffed around by our Hostel who said they were the best hostel intown, turns out we have built better hutts up the scrub which were safer and more structurally sound. We cruised around and checked out a few things, but i was seriously scared a few times in that town. the homeless people are crazy as!! drugs and alcohol have torn through the place and left a pretty sad effect on the people. And those that aren't homeless or on drugs are just retards anyway. Its like everyone is socially retarded, yet they are overly social! Not a good mix! And i also thnk its law to have a moustache if your a male (even a few chicks had them). I think im being a bit harsh on the place, maybe we just stayed in a dodgy area. One positive though was me and Sam bought skateboards. Thats right, we're skater punks now!! Its so much easier to get around though, we would walk for like 15km a day and see 2 things, now we can skate 20km and see 3!! haha, nah it is a cool mode of transport.

we got up at sparrows fart and got on another train to Salt Lake City which passes through the rockies on the way which has some amazing scenery! The funniest thing on the train trip is whenever we go past people canoeing, kayaking etc... on the river which runs next to the train line, everyone lines up and pulls browneyes at us. we seriously got about 80 browneyes in about 3 hours, it was hilarious! For those that dont know, SLC is the morman capital, so it was pretty cool to see such a religous city. We checked out the Morman temple, which was absolutely beautiful, then basically just skated around the city all day. We went to go out that night, but any pub that sells spirits, requires you to pay membership fees before you can drink in there. little weird, but we rolled with it and had a cool night. Think that was the day Steve Irwin died, because the yanks kept buying us shots in his memory. Pretty cool i thought. RIP Steve. and Peter Brock. and Colin Thiele. and Buzzy, a pet march fly i killed for no reason.

Our next stop was VEGAS BABY! We intended on staying for just one night, but we ended up there for 4 nights and went crazy, I didn't gamble once which i was proud of, but still managed to spend a vary large amount of cash. We hung out at the pool all day and got friends with the lifeguards who took us upstairs to the VIP tolpess pool! We strutted our stuff up there everyday and had a ball. We met another aussie, Whitetrash, and hung out with him heaps and had the funniest time and met some awesome people. Also went to the opening night for an aussie photographer Peter Lik (check his website out if you get a chance, he is awesome) and drank his free beer and ended up meeting him too which was pretty cool. he's a funny man.

So after spendinf X amount of $ in Vegas, we got the hell out of there before the temptations of drugs and prostitution overcame us. we went down to LA for one night, met up with a mate from camp for a day, then me and Sam went down to San Diego and stayed at my frind, Zack's house. He is the coolest guy ever, a typical chilled out, peaceful surfer (and a massive chick magnet). San Diego is my favourite city. its like an oversized Beachport during summer. everyone surfs, skates, rollerblades, drinks, parties and sleeps. It seems like they are the main activities achieved in SD. But we loved it (especially the fact that its legal to drink on the beaches). theres only so much i can say about SD, you have to check it out for yourself, such a cool friggin place! I think im gonna move there. I also got to catch up with holly (my ex neighbour from uni who i havnt seen in 3 years) which was really cool.

So once we had soaked up the lifestyle of San Diego i decided it was time i made my way up to Canadia to get a job, settle down, get married, have kids etc... you know, the regular thing everyone my age seems to be doing. pffft, screw that! ha, i got on a 46 hour long fu*$@ng train trip, sitting next to a mexican dude that just got out of jail for about the 10th time all the way to vancouver which is where i am now, sitting on this computer writing a journal. Im on the job hunt at the moment which sux, but i guess itll be cool once i get into the swing of things.

Well, that just about sums things up so far. Sorry its taken so long to write a journal, ill try to add some photos in the next day or so. Hope everyone is doin well, healthy, happy and so on. Fell free to drop me an email if you get a chance. Or if you want you should all join myspace. I have a myspace address which is myspace.com/casey_hamilton and i check it pretty regularly, so get on it ya'll!!

Alright, this rant is over. Peace

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

hi Casey, sounds like your having a great time ..half your luck :) Some interesting comments! We are heading to Adelaide for two weeks, Mark is going to tafe and i am going shopping. Ben tells me he is starving and has a list of things he needs...what is new:) Tom is studying for end of year 12 exams and is now dating Sarah Benier...such a lovely girl. No hot gos! sorry! Stay safe love Pearl and Mark

  Pearl bellinger Oct 13, 2006 8:55 PM

About casey_hamilton

Some statue in chicago and me being a dick

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.