Existing Member?

Goodbye Australia... it's been fun.

Yo!

USA | Thursday, 15 June 2006 | Views [844] | Comments [3]

G'day all. After a shitload of stuffin' around, i think i have this journal thing worked out. Hotmail is a pain in the ass cos i can't send a group email to everyone cos there's too many people on the list.

Anyway, I finally made it to camp and it's amazing. I stopped off in LA for a night and did the touristy things - checked out Hollywood Blvd, went down to Manhattan Beach etc... That place is constantly pumping with people, it's non stop. The airport is about the size of Adelaide i reckon (well not quite, but it's bloody huge). Then the next night i jumped on an overnight flight to Boston and hung out there for half a day before catching a bus up to camp. Boston is a pretty cool city too, looks so much different to LA, it's a lot older and more historic. Camp is the most beautiful place ever. We are situated on an enormous lake, which is surrounded by woods and all sorts of crazy wildlife. So far i've counted about 300 different types of spiders. And they have chipmunks running everywhere! One of the guys shot one with a bow and arrow the other day which was funny as cos apparantly they're rodents. Camp has just about every sport imagineable, except for topless jelly wrestling, but i'm trying to get it started. So far, all we do is get up and work all day like slaves painting shit, raking shit, building shit and talking shit. Oh yeah, we've been out a few times to our local pub and man o man, the local girls. Wow, they are amazing!! Ha, pigs ass!! They need to do some exercise bad! People are so fat here. And some are so fat, they give up on walking and get a wheelchair. It pisses you off so much!! Not everyone is that bad though, its just those that get fat, get really fat. The nightlife is pretty cool though. Our local pub (You Know Whose) love us and we even went back to the bar lady's house to party - which i don't remember cos i passed out in her spare room. Then they also have this cool little Blues Club which had a karaoke night lat night. So naturally i got up and bust out a few Michael Jackson numbers, well not really, i didn't wanna show them up.

Theres not much else goin on so far. THe kids don't arrive till next thursday, so there's only about 25 staff here right now gettin the place set up. Oh yeah, i went to a canoe instructor training course about 2 hours from here just on the border of New Hampshire. It was help at an all girls camp and holy shit it was the most amazing place i have ever seen (besides pigface gully in rendelsham). We spent 4 days paddling around their lake and checking out little islands, and chasing beavers - those little bastards are quick! So i'm now an Amreican Canoe Association certified Canoe Instructor! Wow, with a title like that, i'm bound to go places! Maine is an awesome state, there is woods and lakes everywhere, not quite what you'd expect in america. I imagined everything to be industrialised and all the trees cut down etc... We had a run in with the law on our last night there too. Apparantly, your not allowed to drink underage here! And your not allowed to drink in public either! Crazy bloody americans, but we sweet talked them and they let us go.

Well i'm gonna cruise. Think a few of us are gonna take the canoes out and go fishing. We cranked up the new Malibu speed boat for the first time last night, and 5 minutes later we were back in shore and had to take a pommy guy to hospital to get stitches in his chin. Came off a little hard on the ski biscuit. Stupid pom.

Anyway, hope evryone is well. A few people said this page didn't work, so sorry if you can't read it. What a stupid thing to write, cos they obviously won't be able to read my apology either. Duh! I added a few photos too.The first one is a picture of a couple guys - one of which has amazing musical talent, and a big hit with the ladies, and the other guy is some elvis impersonator. The second photo is pretty obvious. The next is of one of the many creeks at the camp where i did my canoe training. And the last one is a picture of the best and most famous star on Hollywood Blvd. I'll add some photos of camp when its all set up. Hope everyone is doin well, keep the emails coming. Catchya!

Casey

0 flags, dammit

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Thanks Casey, Too many pics of a stream great shots though, yes can't beat pigface gully. Dad especially loves the Elvis one. Michael Jackson rules!!!!!! A&J will be happy.

  Mum Jun 18, 2006 9:28 PM

2

hello fathead,
good to hear you're too busy running amuk over there to remember your sister's birthday! look out for the smelly skunks, rattle snakes and leeches!!! nasty little buggers. talk to you soon, make sure you update your blog regularly (yes mum). jade x

  Jade Jun 20, 2006 11:22 AM

3

Hey dude,
we havent forgotten about u at work. infact work sucks SO much more without u. hope u got my bored email from colonnades the other day. anyway good to read about ur adventures so far. i will keep checking with interest. ps the photos arent coming up for me for some reason? i wanted to see the creepy cameltoe dammit!
take it easy
Anthony

  Anthony Jul 5, 2006 8:04 PM

About casey_hamilton

Some statue in chicago and me being a dick

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.