Existing Member?

Observations of a twenty-Something

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [243] | Scholarship Entry

Sol and I, as Journalism students in Quito saw many foreigners. What had called our attention from a long time ago was the ability for foreigners to stay within the foreigner districts. We were sad to see the experiences many foreigners took from our country were based on all day breakfast buffets, late-night hamburger stalls and some gourmet Ecuadorian Restaurants. We wanted to show you everyday Quito. The continuous asking why are certain meals eaten, why people eat a certain way, is a perplexing and fascinating way to get to know a country’s culture. Little aspects like this can be found in chats at markets, with people you meet on the street. Sol has a documentary and script writing experience within university. I have experience presenting, and print journalism mostly. Filming proves to be one of the most challenging and exciting ways of story telling and we are looking forward to learn. We hope this video rekindles the need to travel for many and sets Ecuador in the traveling list for even more people. This scholarship would be the turning points for our lives, making the dream of going to Brazil and starting in travel journalism, a possible path for us to walk.

About carolozaleon


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.