Existing Member?

Thailands Travels

Volunteer at Isara

THAILAND | Tuesday, 14 April 2009 | Views [587]

Hi, I'm currently in Nong Khai. NE Thailand, staying at Isara, doing volunteer teaching at the learning centre here. It's a lovely place offering free english classes to locals, and much more. Visit at 

http://www.isara.org and if you can,  make this your home page, you'll be helping the charity a lot without any cost to you. It has the google search bar with extra's so you won't be losing out. It receives money from sponsers if we can increase the number of people using it. So spread the word :)

It's one of the few charities that allow volunteers to come and help out without charging extortionate fees, so well worth a visit if u in Thailand or planning to come.


Today was Songkran.. well the first day of it, it's a 3 day holiday for Thai New Year and celebrated by a day of .. water fights... i have never seen anything like it.. its fabulous.. trucks of people driving thru the streets drenching everyone with water, those on foot getting their own back.. buckets, hoses, water guns. whatever, can be used. It is done with smiles and wishes of Happy Songkran to all. they just love to see us farangs (foreigners) joining in the fun and getting soaked.


Here at Isara, we also gave out free helmets to encourage road safety, a topic dear to the heart of the founder here at Isara, Kirk. We had great joy all day spreading good cheer and plenty of water of course. I think if such a thing was to occur in any other country it would end in riots.

About carolinek


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.