Existing Member?

Knowing the freedom in a strange guy

The only purpose of life is to experience life.

COLOMBIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [293] | Scholarship Entry

I was waking up because of the hard sounds of the roof in a hostel in Hampi a Lost city in India, these sound was thanks to the monkeys running above the zinc roof, that made me feel scare but at the same time I felt like a plenty soul, feeling the energy of this place, fulfilling my dream,I was really happy about feeling new things, seeing new landscapes, knowing new people, feeling the energy of the temples living this moment beside with a close friend from brazil.

On this trip we walked and I met an American guy that made me feel good energy, he was really kind, he was a traveller and also a language teacher, he knew to talk so good in spanish and I felt so good because finally I talked face to face in spanish with someone, I dont know but i felt like I was at home, we spend a really nice time with this guy.
The city that we stayed "Hampi" have two parts, one part is the part for the Indian people and everything close early, and the other part is the part of the hostels and foreign people and never close. I was at the part of the indian people because I only pay 300 rupees per night, and the american guy was on the other part of the city crossing the river, and the canoes only crossing until 6.
We were talking and learning about the story of this place, the temples, the culture, but the time runs away so fast, so he lost the last canoe, and my Brazilian friend and me, offered him to stayed at our hostel, because we were sharing a big bed, but he looked ashamed, and the american guy told me if I could go with him to see if there was someone to take him to his hostel, and we find like three indian guys that were going to cross, and the american guy told me that he wanted to take me to his hostel and talk and drink something, but I was with my Brazilian friend, so I told him, that I wanted to tell to my friend if maybe she want to go with us, he went with me so fast to my hostel and I told her if she wanted to cross the river with us but she didn't want, so I went with the guy, and she told me that arriving early to climb the mountain.
Me and the american guy went to his hostel, the ambience was really nice so many people was playing guitar, smoking joints and having fun, we speak a lot, at the end i felt really tired because of the long trek on the morning , so i told him that I wanted to rest, he led me to his hostel cottage and I will never forget when I woke up nude in a Indian hostel bed with an american nice guy

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About carolinacuretravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.