Existing Member?

Moving_Bridges

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [178] | Scholarship Entry

I believe you can find a story any time you talk to someone new, but we wanted to learn something new about our own city while showing larger than life imagery.

We both come from fine arts backgrounds. I am self taught in video production, and I have some experience producing small-scale marketing shorts, but I hope to someday run my own studio of creative non-fiction. I want to create collaborative videos that utilize the creativity of my subjects to tell full stories while empowering the people I work with to feel confident in their own creativity.

This opportunity is a huge inspirational motivation to continue on in pursuit of creative non-fiction. But it is also a great opportunity to hone my narrative skills to become better equipped to tell more nuanced and complex stories. Without training in story construction, I often feel like I overdo some aspects of production and don't get enough of others. The opportunity to learn these skills in one of the greatest cities in the world, during one of the most culturally exciting events in the world is so exciting! Rachel and I are both up for anything and are happiest when we are around new people and new places. We hope to share.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About carleymostar


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.