Existing Member?

Carjam travels

Helsinki day 2

FINLAND | Tuesday, 18 November 2008 | Views [465]

We started the day with a sauna at our hostel, which was different. It's pretty cold here (about 0), with a cold wind off the sea today. I visited the Helsinki City Museum, which was interesting, then Mike and I got the tram uptown to the Ice Rink to watch an ice hockey game - a Helsinki team play another team from the Finnish league. It was great - Mike loved it and was telling me all the finer points, as it was the first time I'd seen it live. The game is very quick, but much better to see for real than on the tv I thought. The score was 3-3 at full time, so they went into overtime, when the visitors (Assat) scored, which was disappointing.

We love Helsinki, as it's so easy (maybe compared to Russia). Most of the signs are tri-lingual (Finnish, Swedish and English), and the people are really friendly and nice. It's clean as a whistle, with lots of cafes and restaurants and seems like there's lots going on here. Apparently Kiwis can get a 12 month working holiday visa for Finland, and I wonder how many are here...

 

 

Travel Answers about Finland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.