Existing Member?

The Odyssey

Playtime is over, let the travelling begin!

USA | Friday, 27 August 2010 | Views [386]

So this is my first time blogging and I apologise for that but when camp is on I rarely have time for even FB or email.

I am now staying at a friends place in Huntington, Long Island chilling after a hectic 10 weeks of work, play and parties at Camp Billings! Highlights from the summer include 2 canoeing trips with rapids, a very short haircut from a girls cabin and a lost passport!

We had a great 2 weeks of pre-camp setting up the cabins, docks for the waterfront, weed whacking and having huge campfires at night!It was great to see so many new foreign staff fitting in so well and I got to catch up with some first time counselors that I haven't seen for years.

The campers arrived and it all systems go! We had a great 4th of july complete with a huge BBQ dinner and epic fireworks display. I was looking after Cabin Annex which is filled with 10 14 or 15 year old boys and 3 other staff CRAZY TIMES!! Running the Athletics program was heaps of fun. Spending everyday playing dodgeball, 4 square, bocce, basketball and some street hockey got a little repetitive but we changed it up enough most days.During the 2nd 2 week session I had a visit from mum and we spent a few days in a lake house high up in the mountains relaxing except for the night we got trapped by a summer storm! 

Second month I moved down to the Junior Boys row and was in Cabin 9A which has 10 campers aged 12-13 and 3 other staff. By the end of 4 weeks everyone knew the words to The Waitress Song(by seth sentry) and Parlez Vous Francais! And just when everything was looking good I went and lost my passport on a day off! I searched everywhere for it and it was nowhere to be found. The last weekend was sad to see the kids leave but we were all desperate for a rest:) So we spent a day and a half packing up and celebrating the end of a GREAT summers work!

Now i'm here in new York City, My new passport application has been sent in and I'm heading up to Boston on friday for the weekend to chill with some friends and then down to DC for a few days while I wait to pick up my new passport. Once that is taken care of Elsa and I will meet up in florida with some more of the camp foreign staff and hit up the theme parks, then it should be time to head to Canada!! i cant wait to get up there and see the first snowfall! At the moment it will be Elsa, Nips(NZ girl from camp) and me looking for a place to live together. We are hoping for either Montreal, Banff or even Whistler. If anyone is around the Quebec City region drop me a line; I'm having some 25th birthday celebrations up there. Its gonna be EPIC!

That's all for now, hope all of you are having fun wherever you are in the world! I'll catchya again online soon.

peace and love.

 

About cardz13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.