Existing Member?

Cape Bound Follow us as we embark on 16,000 km journey through the wilds of Kenya, Tanzenia and Namabia, the pyramids of Egypt, and the wonders of South Africa.

Before the storm

CANADA | Wednesday, 17 January 2007 | Views [781] | Comments [3]

As I sit here and write this, a cloud of inevitability hangs over our household. In less then 24 hours we will all be on a plane headed for a completely different continent. In less then 24 hours our family will be free of the confines of Canadian life, venturing into the unknown. The luggage is packed, the fish shipped off, the orchids now rest in warm university greenhouses or lay forgotten in a frozen compost heap. This is it, for there is no turning back, no more delays, or arguements or loosing the 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner(Im looking at you Danielle). We are going, stepping bravely (or maybe nauseously depending if we forget to pack the gravol) into the unknown. Not a single one of us is fully prepared for the experiences we will... well experience. But know this mortals, we shall return... with lots and lots of pictures.

-Safari Phil 

Tags: Packing & gadgets

Comments

1

Safari Phil,

The adventure begins! I wish you and your traveling companions a safe trip. You are boldly going where none of our clan has gone before. I can't wait to read of your travels and see the pictures.

Godspeed to you all.

P.S. Don't forget the sunscreen.

  Cold in Camillus Jan 18, 2007 12:43 AM

2

Safari Phil- Hope you are all safetly on terra firma once again. Flying these days is always such a joy. I miss the peanuts. You will be happy to know winter is continuing on without you. Bring on the wind chill!

  Skaneateles Auntie Jan 20, 2007 5:15 AM

3

Safari Phil,

When we read that a monster winter storm hit Northern Europe the night of the 18th, we hoped that you were already well on your way, since cold and your safari uniform probably wouldn't go together. Happy hunting.

Warm in Clearwater.

  D.D.Currie Jan 24, 2007 10:54 AM

About cape_bound


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.