Existing Member?

Love or Damn?

Monserrate

COLOMBIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [263] | Scholarship Entry

Long time ago, I was wondering if visit a mystery place in Bogotá (Colombia). The history I here was that, if you go with your couple (girlfriend, boyfriend or lover) probably the relation will end.

I was so excited to prove this legend, because has been famous to marriages and tourists who visit this place called Monserrate.

The adventure, begin in december 2013, when I was visiting my uncles in their farm in Melgar. This is a really hot place, near to Tolima´s department... 38 grades can be the temperature all the day, like you were in the worst hell.

Anyway, I called my boyfriend who was in Medellin and I told him: I really want to visit this place in Bogotá... first, for the amazing nature that haves and second, for the architecture constructed in XVII century.

He told me, that maybe in a few days he will visit me and then we will go to Monserrate. If you want to know, was a little scary situation because I was not sure if this really gonna happen.

The trip was planned for the next days.

Hi baby, i´m right here, were are we going?
To Monserrate´s hill - I told him - Is a magical space, has a great panorama of the city.

We buy two tickets to cableway and 10 minutes we was there. The first thing we made, was drinking the "canelazo". The most important beverage of the place, mixture of panela and aguardiente... sweet and powerful taste.

Then we walk for a while knowing the church, the flowers, the people, the restaurants. Everything, in company with the sunset in yellow, pink and red colors.

I saw that there were many couples hugging and giving passionate kisses, in the cold air of the mountain. And I said. If they can, why not I? It can be possible?

That night we return to the hotel and nothing happend.

One year later...

I´m not with the same guy BUT the strange thing, is that my best friend went to Monserrate the same year and didn´t broke with her boyfriend. Perhaps, because she didn´t knew the myth.

If I were planning this again I will never go with a guy. Sometimes, we must respect the power tales of places. Now, I´m sure that they exist...
They are not visible, but are true.

¿What´s is going to be my next surprise? I will found it.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About camilareyes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.